Election Day is Tuesday, May 19
Lydia Gutierrez, M.A.
for LAUSD School Board 2015
Lydia has worked in the aerospace industry as an administrator and acting cost estimating supervisor over seeing contracts, scheduling, and budget costs. Lydia returned back into the classroom and has been a public school teacher for 25+ years. Lydia Gutierrez served seven years as an elected official as a board member for the Coastal San Pedro Neighborhood Council that oversees the Coast of San Pedro and the Port of Los Angeles. She is presently on the Budget & Finance and Education Committees and is Chair of the Cultural Committee for Coastal San Pedro.
Lydia currently lives in San Pedro, California.
- California State University of Dominquez Hills, M.A.
- Pepperdine University, B.A.
- Los Angeles Harbor Community College
- Clear Credential
- Multi-Cultural Bilingual Credential
- Bilingual Cross-cultural Language and Academic Development (BCLAD) Certificate
- International Baccalaureate Teacher
- California Polytechnic State University, Mathematics Leadership Institute
- California Reading and Literature Project, U.C.L.A.
- California State Universtiy of Los Angeles, Access to Science Standards & Educational Technology
- California State University of Long Beach, Fellow - Writing
- Continuing Teacher Leadership Institute, U.C.L.A.-Mathematics
Professional Experiences & Organizations:
- Coastal San Pedro Neighborhood Council, Cultural, Budget & Finance, Public Safety and Education
- Long Beach Unified School District, Public School Teacher
- Hughes Aircraft, Administrator/Acting Cost Estimating Supervisor
- International Faith Base Coalition, Executive Board Member
- Benjamin Banneker Association, Executive Board Member
- Campfire U.S.A. of Compton
- California Teachers Association Member
- Los Angeles County Teachers Mathematics Association
- California Mathematics Association
- Latino Business Association
- Latino Business Alliance
- Palos Verdes Chamber of Commerce Member
- United States of America Freedom Corps, The President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Broad National Award Winning Urban School District