Election Day is Tuesday, November 3rd
Lydia Gutierrez, M.A.
for LACCD School Board Seat 3
Lydia has worked in the aerospace industry as an administrator and acting cost estimating supervisor over seeing contracts, scheduling, and budget costs. Lydia returned back into the classroom and has been a public school teacher for 25+ years. Lydia Gutierrez served seven years as an elected official as a board member for the Coastal San Pedro Neighborhood Council that oversees the Coast of San Pedro and the Port of Los Angeles. She served on the Public Safety Committee, Budget & Finance Committee and Education Committee. She also served as Chair of the Cultural Committee for Coastal San Pedro. Lydia presently serves as California Teachers Association Co-Chair of the State Legislative Committee for Adult, Alternative, and Career Technical Education.
Lydia currently lives in San Pedro, California.
- California State University of Dominquez Hills, 2 M.A.s in Multi-cultural and Administration
- Pepperdine University, B.A.
- Los Angeles Harbor Community College
- Administrative Credential
- Clear Credential
- Multi-cultural Bilingual Credential
- Bilingual Cross-cultural Language and Academic Development (BCLAD) Certificate
- International Baccalaureate Teacher
- California Polytechnic State University, Mathematics Leadership Institute
- California Reading and Literature Project, U.C.L.A.
- California State University of Los Angeles, Access to Science Standards & Educational Technology
- California State University of Long Beach, Fellow - Writing
- Continuing Teacher Leadership Institute, U.C.L.A.-Mathematics
Professional Experiences & Organizations:
- California Teachers Association: State Legislative Co-Chair for Adult, Alternative, and Career Technical Education
- Coastal San Pedro Neighborhood Council: Cultural, Budget & Finance, Public Safety and Education
- Public School Teacher, taught grades Kindergarten to 8th Grade, Middle School - Math and Science
- Hughes Aircraft, Administrator/Acting Cost Estimating Supervisor
- International Faith Base Coalition, Executive Board Member
- Benjamin Banneker Association, Executive Board Member
- Campfire U.S.A. of Compton
- National Association of the Advancement of Colored People, former Board Member at Large
- California Teachers Association - State Representative
- National Education Association - National Representative
- Los Angeles County Teachers Mathematics Association
- California Mathematics Association
- Latino Business Association
- Latino Business Alliance
- United States of America Freedom Corps, The President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Broad National Award Winning Urban School District
- Grant Scholarship from Kinecta Credit Union
- Grant Scholarship from First Financial Credit Union
Vote Lydia Gutierrez for LACCD School Board on your Absentee Ballot or on November 3rd